W H A T W E D O -- W H Y I T M A T T E R S T O Y O U
- It's Real. It's Common. Traumatic events happen regularly in all sizes and types of workplaces. Further, Traumatic Overwhelm can be caused by the accumulation of apparently smaller losses, lack of preparedness or simply toxic environments such as poorly managed unknowns, etc, cause the same traumatic overwhelm.
- The costs are staggering ( will list some $ and human suffering) (ideas are often couched as mental health. or ignored)
- Lack of ability to deal with it, poor reactions and ignoring events further traumatizes people, causes more damage
- People could quite easily be prepared (the mental health and mindfulness effort at OBA opens the door for this effort perfectly)
- Preparing folks with training build better workplace culture builds resilience team cohesiveness - every measurable in a workplace can improve. - reduce absenteeism, stress leave etc. Note; this culture needs to be directed from the top and supported by policy and procedures
- People are ready to talk about this.
- We have good material, processes and advice.